Friday, July 27, 2012

It's My Birthday!

Today is my 40th Birthday!  I'm 40....I'm 40.....I'm 40......

It doesn't matter how many times I say it, it doesn't sound right.  I don't feel 40!  How does a 40 year old feel?  I'm guessing that I should probably feel like more of an adult than I do, because in my mind I am still in my 20's.  I can tell you this.....I am not where I thought I would be at 40.  I did not ever think that I would be a single mother, working hard to pay the bills while trying to get another, more useful, degree in college (much harder the second time around), and raising my sons (and dog).

I can also tell you that I have never been happier!  I love my boys and we have a stronger, better relationship than ever!  Not many people can tell you that they truly like their teenagers and enjoy spending time with them!  I am blessed with them (and the dog) and I am blessed with the most perfect mother who ever walked the Earth!  She is supportive and loving and fun and I would not be who I am today without her!  I am also so lucky to have the best family in the world and the most wonderful friends any girl could ask for!  Mine is a life surrounded by love!  Can't ask for more than that as a Birthday gift!

Thanks to all of you who read my blog with it's silly kid stories, terrible photography, ramblings of red wine and thankfully, it's yummy recipes!  I have always loved baking and I am so happy I found a way to share my baking experiences with others who feel the same as I do.


So....Happy 40th Birthday to me!  May every year be even more of an adventure than the last!  May my life always be this full of love, friendship, support, happiness and of course....COOKIES (probably should add red wine too)!!


Baker Becky (the 40 year old)

(BBQ tomorrow and I'm in charge of cupcakes....watch for new recipes next week....)   ;-)



9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, go out and have some fun, dine wine and eat cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 40th my friend, a huge birthday celebration is in order!!! Enjoy every second :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky, love your blog! Hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday :D hope you had the most fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, I'm just catching up on old posts. Is it possible I missed this? Your birthday was July 27th? That's my birthday, too! Maybe that's why I missed it. Out getting drunk. :) Enjoy your 40's. It's like being 30 only smarter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! It's a great day for a bday! The wine was definitely flowing that day!

      Delete
  6. You should definitely add more kinds of wine in your life and share it in your blog, especially the red wine as it is good for your health. It has antioxidants that relatively increase the number of good cholesterol, and helps prevents artery damage and heart disease. But you should drink moderately because too much alcohol in your body will not be good.

    ReplyDelete