Monday, July 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Reese's


I am not a big fan of candy, with the exception of good chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, black licorice and hot tamales.  For times when I am in the mood, I keep a secret stash!  So far the boys have not found this secret stash, even though it is in the kitchen and not all that hard to find.  Shhhh....don't tell them but I hide all my good candy behind my baking supplies!  Going into the baking supplies would mean they were going to do work, so I figure that's a safe place to hide things! Oh shoot! Now all of you know where to find my good candy, I'm going to have to come up with a new hiding spot!

My collection of candy has grown faster than I care to eat it all so I decided to reduce it by contributing my bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to a blog post!  Really I am killing two birds with one stone because I have been dying to try the Mini Muffin Pan from Demarle at Home.  My friend Kim is a representative (here) and she loaned a few pieces for me to try out and give my opinion!  So happy to try out any baking or cooking equipment, always looking for a good excuse to bake!!  

I see people making cookie cups with peanut butter cookie dough and a mini Reese's PB cup in their mini muffin tins all the time.  I felt that might be peanut butter overload so I made my personal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe but substituted mini chocolate chips for the regular sized ones.  I used my smallest cookie scoop to fill the muffin pan and baked until almost done, then I set a Mini Reese's on top and baked for 3 more minutes.  I absolutely loved the mini muffin pan!  Super easy to use, no spray or oil necessary and my cookies popped right out without any sticking or mess.  Can't wait to try the regular muffin pan and make some CUPCAKES!!!  


The cookies were YUMMY!!  They were also gone before I had a chance to hide any in my secret stash for later!  ;)  Oh well, I did what I set out to do....all of the Reese's are gone and I have a new favorite baking pan!!


Before I forget....I set up a Facebook fan page!  Please stop by and "Like" me (here).

Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Reese's

2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 t salt
2 t vanilla
2 large eggs
1 t baking soda
2 ½ cups flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 bag mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixer, cream butter with the two sugars until fluffy and light.  Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until fully blended.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to the creamed butter mixture just until mixed.  Mix in the chocolate chips.

Use a small scoop to fill the cups of a mini muffin pan.  Bake for 8 minutes, pull pan out of oven and place a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in each cookie.  Pop back in the oven for 3 minutes.  Cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Store at room temperature.

Recipe Shared On:
Foodie Friends Friday

5 comments:

  1. This post made me smile! I just taught a Christmas in July class (cookies and candy) and one of the cookies we made were these (traditional ones with peanut butter cookie) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pan. Even cuter peanut butter cups. I heart peanut butter cups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible idea my friend, it looks heavenly :D
    Also I was just wondering, my email subscription does not seem to be working :(
    Can you manually add me?

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day! Everything's better with Reeses!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cheers! Joanne
    Viewed as part of Foodie Friends Friday Peanut Butter Party!

    ReplyDelete