Friday, August 3, 2012

Angry Bird Cupcakes!


HAPPY FRIDAY!  I am looking forward to a weekend of fun, farmer's market with Mom, potluck dinner party with friends and plenty of time in the sun!!  I have been busy with cupcakes this last week.  Seems like my house has become a cupcake bakery.  All different colors and flavors and fillings....still working on my recipes for the posts but those are coming soon!  For now you get to see all of my adorable "Angry Birds" cupcakes!

No recipes to go with these cupcakes.  I used devils food and white cake mixes for the cupcakes.  Shhhhh....I rarely do it and it was fine because the frosting is homemade and the topper is the real center piece of these treats!!

For the frosting I used my favorite....Swiss Meringue Buttercream from Martha Stewart.  I use this frosting and variations of it all the time!

As for the toppers....FONDANT!!!  This is only my second real project with fondant and I am really getting the hang of it!  It is super fun to color and roll and cut into shapes.  I use only regular kitchen tools, no fancy fondant tools and I think they turned out pretty great.  What do you think?  I have had some great feedback on my facebook fan page...people think they are pretty awesome!  (I do too!)


I had never seen "Angry Birds" before.  I googled some pictures of the characters and looked at what other people did to make cupcakes and then I started cutting and designing, freestyle.  They are cute and fun and perfect for any kid party!!! (Even if my son thinks the yellow one should have been a triangle)


Hope you all have a great weekend!  Eat lots of good food, drink fabulous red wine, bake some yummy treats, maybe even try your hand at fondant!

Enjoy!

This recipe is featured on:
My Turn (for us) Linky Party

7 comments:

  1. These are probably the most artistic cupcakes I have ever seen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! That means a lot to me! :)

      Delete
  2. These are such adorable cupcakes my friend, perfectly made :D
    Though I can never play angry birds now without wanting to eat them ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely amazing!! So good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves Angry Birds! These are so cool!
    Visiting from Freedom Fridays.

    ReplyDelete